Friday 7 March 2008

Getting ready for the move

Well it's now only a week before I start driving from Melbourne to Sydney - my brother has kindly volunteered to come with me for the drive to keep me company and he'll fly down later.

But the process of getting ready for the move has proved to be a lot more difficult than I had first imagined... I'm no stranger to moving around, having lived in four different houses over the past three years - but for some reason this move is different. It's as if by moving interstate a certain part of my life is being left behind, although I hope I can pick it back up again when I return, and that until then I pick up something of a life in my new job.

One thing that I wanted to do - and luckily was able to - before I moved was to travel around the city of Melbourne and take a few happy snaps to remember the place by. I'll upload them into here so you can all get an idea of what I'm talking about.

I'll miss mornings like this, coming into work with the sun rising beautifully on the horizon. After watching this I was always happy - I knew my morning coffee was only minutes away...

I'll miss the 'cafe culture' of Melbourne - I've already discovered finding a good coffee is nigh impossible after 5pm in Sydney...

I'll miss my family, including my puppy (even if he may be 12 years old...) who is staying with Mum at her place.

I'll miss my friends, those who I went to uni with, those I've worked with, those I've met and trained in St John with - I'll miss them all.

I know I'm still going to be around, coming back down every three or four weeks, but the fact that these things won't be right there in front of me while I'm in Sydney is something I'll miss. I know life is about change and progressing forward, but it never hurts to be able to look back and smile over the past.

On a side note, my recent acquisition of a Nikon D40X means I'll now be sharing some of my posts with accompanying photos. As the above attest, I'm still very amateur - but stick around and we'll see if I can't improve.

No comments: