Monday 22 October 2007

The next round

I've put in my applications for the Ambulance Service of New South Wales as a Trainee Paramedic. I'm nervous, but at the same time very excited.

A few days back I got a reply telling me I was into the next round - aptitude testing. I'm flying up to Sydney on the 29th of November for it, but I'm already impatient and wanting to take the test today! Oh well, with a bit over a month to wait, I'll be showing I'm good with patience (get it, patients? I'm so sorry).

I've managed to score a week off work, following certain information that rendered my brain somewhat fried. Time desperately needed for my personal sanity but also to get myself organised for this venture.

Over the next few days expect some posts in here about why I've decided to go down this road - it wasn't an easy choice to make. I'm going to talk about the experiences that got me into emergency medical work and the experiences that made me decide to take it up full time. Some happy, some sad stories - but they're stories as I remember them and the way they've shaped my life since.

Sleep tight.

No comments: