Monday 10 December 2007

Super happy fun time update

And so I have a fair bit of news for this post! An update both of what's happening with the Ambulance Service of New South Wales (which is who I'm hoping to do the Traineeship with) as well as some happenings with St John.

Firstly, apologies but I'll have to delay the 'other side of the story' as promised in Friday's post - rest assured that's what Wednesday will cover.

Secondly, and much more excitingly, I received a call from ASNSW Friday (shortly after making that post) telling me that I was successful in the previous round of Aptitude Testing and that they would like me to come in again. Not only that, but they were keen to fast track me, so I will be sitting the next two rounds (Full interview and driving test) on the one day being January 10th. This was very good news for me - the fact that I had been contacted only 1 week since doing the tests implies that I had performed well, as they tell you to expect a call after three weeks when the ranking is completed. On top of that, a friend of mine (who happens to have just landed a job with MAS, but who had also applied at ASNSW has told me that they pretty much tell you after those two rounds if you're in or not - so I may very well be able to tell you that afternoon if I've entered the first real step into my new life. My friend has also offered to run through some of the questions to expect and other general pointers - greatly appreciated!

The other news is in regard to St John Ambulance, who recently purchased and decked out a new Mercedes Sprinter with the new design splashes. I was fortunate enough to have been allocated the vehicle (ok, so I begged) for a duty last night (Carols by Candlelight), given it was a well populated area it doubled as brilliant advertising for the organisation (photo above - who could that handsome devil be? - More photos coming as soon as they hit my inbox!). At the end of the night when they were calling out the thanks, St John got a mention and so we did the compulsory lights flashing which got a laugh from the crowd. A quiet night casualty wise (the way we like it) but still a rather enjoyable night!

With Daft Punk coming up with St John this Thursday, I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to keep me blogging for a bit longer ;)

No comments: