Friday 3 April 2009

EMSPA (NSW) Inc.

Lately I've been caught up working for EMSPA (NSW) Inc., an Assocation of Emergency Medical Service Men and Women fighting for the rights and legal protection of their peers.

Suffice to say this has kept me very busy, but has been a very rewarding and educational experience for me. This experience has also made me VERY grateful for my time spent with the Biomedical Society, which at the time was a fun almost hobby like activity - now many of the same principles and legalities are applying (with of course some alterations), the Association is run by Committee and I feel much more at ease with the way things are done thanks to the previous experiences.

Which makes me glad that I took the time when I was younger to do these sorts of things... I tend to be a real work-a-holic, always trying to keep myself flat out doing SOMETHING - at times the weight has made me tremble but so far I've held steady. I've learned my limits - although I push them from time to time to see if they're still there, and it's only when I look back do I realise that by the age of 23, I've already accomplished things that make me proud of how I've lived my life. And I only plan to achieve more and more before I'm ready to hit the grave.

The biggest lesson I have to learn is to take more time aside from WORK to SOCIAL... But more on that another day.

Smile! EMSPA has your back, Brothers and Sisters - and we're all dedicated as hell to make this work!

No comments: